Oh, the “guy pull-back.” Some of you instantly know what I’m talking about while others may be scratching your heads and thinking, “Huh?” Trust me, you ALL know what I’m referring to. But in the interest of starting off on the same page, here’s the basic definition of the “guy pull-back”:
When a man, who pursued you in the beginning, eases up on the pursuit.
At its most benign, the “guy pull-back” will include (but is not limited to) the following behaviors:
– Calling (a little) less or not calling for a couple of days at a time.
– Wanting to see you (a little) less than he did in the beginning.
– Being (a little) cold, distant, or aloof.
– Acting (a little) less enthusiastic and certain of you and/or the relationship.
In its more extreme form the “guy pull-back” may manifest itself in one or more of the following ways:
– By completely blowing you off.
– By disappearing for a week at a time.
– By saying things like “I need space,” “I’m not sure how I feel,” and “It’s not you, it’s me.”
– By putting forth little to no effort in sustaining the relationship or moving things along. Basically, he checks out.
Handling the “guy pull-back” can be one of the most frustrating and scary things a woman deals with in her relationship. And, unfortunately, our natural instinct is to “come closer” to our guy. I say “unfortunately” because that is the exact opposite of what you need to do. (And, more often than not, doing what comes naturally will have a disastrous outcome.) So here you go. Here’s how…